WEB3 will change the world like the internet WEB2 did twenty years ago – the so called WEB3 transformation of the world.
The internet has enabled us to distribute information quickly around the world. WEB3 enables the digitalization of all assets and their global allocation. This is a huge change! Thousands of new use cases arise from this… like 20 years ago.
WEB2 – WEB3 Transformation Examples
Here are some examples for new applications based on new technology:
𝐖𝐞𝐛𝟐 –> 𝐖𝐞𝐛𝟑
Chrome → Brave
SEMRush → QuillCheck
Zoom → Huddle
Whatsapp → Status
YouTube → Odysee
Twitter → Lens Protocol
Google → Presearch
NameCheap → ENS
Dropbox → Filecoin
Spotify → Audius
WEB3 transformation brings new opportunities for people and business.
10 powerful WEB3 transformation changes
10 powerful ways that web3 changes how the world works:
The following article by Misha da Vinci describes 10 ways web3 is changing the way the world works.
Here is a short excerpt from the article
- For artists and musicians, non-fungible tokens (NFTs) can be used to create and sell unique digital art and music. This allows artists to retain control and ownership over their creations and ensures that each piece is one-of-a-kind.
- Content creators can securely and transparently monetize their content. They can tokenize content and use smart contracts to manage subscriptions or payments.
- Businesses can use web3 to improve supply chain transparency and traceability. Companies can use blockchain to track the origin and movement of goods throughout the supply chain, ensuring that they are ethically sourced and of high quality.
- Cities or municipalities can use smart contracts to improve the transparency and efficiency of their processes. A city can use web3 to manage voting or public records, making it easier for citizens to access and verify information.
- Web3 improves privacy and security. Individuals can use a web3-based identity management system to control which personal information they share with others and to ensure that their data is protected from unauthorized access.
- In the healthcare industry, web3 can be used to securely store and share patient health records. This helps to improve data privacy and makes it easier for patients to access their health information.
- In finance, DeFi can be used to create new types of financial instruments and services that are accessible to anyone with an internet connection. This makes it easier for individuals and businesses to access capital and reduce the cost and complexity of traditional financial services.
- In the transportation industry, web3 can be used to improve the efficiency and transparency of logistics and supply chain management. A trucking company could use blockchain technology to track the location and condition of its vehicles in real-time, making it easier to manage and optimize its operations.
- In the energy industry, web3 can be used to create decentralized energy markets that allow individuals and businesses to buy and sell renewable energy. This can help to promote the adoption of clean energy and improve the reliability and resilience of the grid.
- In education, NFTs can be used to securely store and manage student records, including transcripts, test scores, and certifications. This makes it easier for students to transfer credits and access educational opportunities and can also improve the transparency and accountability of the education system.